Thursday, July 19, 2012

He doesn't / come to places like this & he can't / come back to Hartford


Went to see Columbians Timothy Donnelly and Sam Amadon read at Real Art Ways in Hartford tonight. A spacially appropriate reading commemorating the launch of Amadon's collection The Hartford Book, and what a cool abandoned-warehouse-next-to-a-probable-crack-den space it was. Donnelly read from The Cloud Corporation and I got dizzy. Amadon's poems were rad (a ceiling light burst during one of them) and I can't wait to break into his book and snort up all of them tonight. During a discussion about process and the artist's decision to remain amoral (which, duh, is why you become an artist or at least so you can have an excuse for stumbling around drunk breaking things), Donnelly explained that "it's my job to try on thoughts," which pretty much sums up everything. I almost drove home after hearing that. Later, I briefly thought about discussing buying drugs in Hartford with Amadon but settled on mentioning Richard Howard's impeccable eyewear and he looked at me like I was insane but at least he signed my copy of his book. A smoking hot girl with dreads who was a hipster version the chick from The Big Bang Theory (of which I've seen 45 seconds) gave me a free Harpoon IPA. That was nice. I looked at her like she was crazy. 

http://www.restaurantsct.com/blog/an-iberian-evening-at-real-art-ways-and-costa-del-sol/

No comments: